Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SharePoint Designer workflows and enabled incoming mail lists

This week I created a workflow which starts automatically on event added. All works fine if I add the items manually but if I email the items to the list the workflow does not start. The reasons:

- Security restriction: From SP1 there is a security fix that avoid starting a workflow by the system account identity. Changing the identity of application pool to a non-system account will fix the problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947284/

- Incoming mail: In addition to the previous problem, you need to explicitly allow the farm to start a workflow when a new item is created by mail. To do it you need SP1 + Infrastructure Update (or SP2) and execute the following command:
stsadm -o - pn declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled - setproperty va true
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953289/

3 comments:

Sugu said...

Thank you,
The given information is very effective.
I’ll keep updated with this.

College Management

Sugu said...

Thank you,
The given information is very effective.
I’ll keep updated with it.

Booking India Luxury Trains

kenzie jones said...

Thanks for the above article.Its a very useful and informative article. I will update it soon and then I hope my work also in flow.Please share some more information also.
electronic signature in word

 
Online Visitors